Friday, March 10, 2006

Lily

Or the official name Calla Lily Terracotta




Which I do not know what it is exactly, but it sure looks nice.
Well, Mahmood is the expert, maybe he can enlighten us by giving some info on this beautiful flower.

The Story

I went to a supermarket last week to get some groceries, as I was walking through the ails, I came across a nice section of plants and flowers. I have always wanted to get a plant and have it in my room, to add natural look.

So I browsed the section, and came across this deal. Where you get the full luxury to plant from scratch. I was so excited about this that I had to get it, so I did.

Came back home, entered my room, and started planting. The procedure was very simple and straight forward. Hey, ofcourse it is, but bare in mind that the only time I did a similar project was in kindergarden where I had to bring a small plate, cottons, water, sugar, and small seeds or some sort. And the thing would grow in matter of days, which was cool. Anyways that was over 20 years ago.

Back to the future. I got my sister's digital camera (mine was stolen a week ago) and started shooting a step by step planting sequence of Lily (that's what i call her).

In this picture, i removed the cover surrounding the pot and inside there are the compost.

There is the normal dark moisten "sand" and shreaded wood (which i dont know what is it used for)

I opened the bag of "sand"

And gently throw it in the pot

Pic showing "sand" in pot

This is the seed, or rhizome. It should be placed 5cm deep, and "eyes" facing upwards

5cm deep, "eyes" facing upwards

I covered it with "sand" then I placed the shreaded wood on top (dont ask why)

Placed it infront of me close to the window, so it could get some sun, and a nice view.

hopefully, when it grows, it will look something like this.

If not its written on the cover that "We are happy to refund or replace any product which falls below the high standard you expect"

In other words, if it dies (god forbids) i can have another one :D

But i am taking a good care of Lily, she will grow and blossom nicely.

Thank You

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How sweet! I hope it grows and gives you good surprises every day! You will be like an expectant parent now and you will be looking at the surface every few hours to check if anything is happening!

Don't dispair, things take a little time. I have never been successful in planting Lilies, but I can assure you that come next season they will be at the top of my "must do" list.

Enjoy it, keep the compost slightly moist (but don't over-water) and wait for things to happy...

Good luck!

(Now your blog is at the top of my priority every day visit list!! :))

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hellooo..

Totally cool!! ^_^

Keep us updated with Lilies progress.. ;)

1:56 PM  
Blogger Waffles said...

thanks mahmood and anon for ur comments.

I am taking a good care of Lily. no progress is shown yet, but be sure that i will keep you guys up to date with anything new that comes up.

BTW Mahmood, whats the shreaded wood for? did i put it where it should be or not?

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

9edg Chicken Nuggets

wai wai wai

ma agdar ma agdar 3la lily

et5ial lo etmooot my "Liddle" Lily (God Forbids)

en chan amoooot ...I cannot even bare the thought of such tragedy.

6ala3t mo ba3ad chicken nugget



http://www.brakebush.com/Images/DownLoads/Retail/NuggetBreastPlate.gif

This is my lily when she grows up and for sure die sadely ever after

http://www.comiccovers.com/comiccovers-280/Lily-%20When%20I%20Was%20Dead%20[UNKNOWN]%20V1/0001.jpg

3:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.incredibleinedibles.shoppingcartsplus.com/i/VC126741l.jpg

4:13 PM  
Blogger Waffles said...

I do not fully understand what your saying and what are you implying exactly.
Either you post something that is meaningful or just don’t.

And if ur hungry for chicken nuggets, that go to the closest fast food and get some.

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home