Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentine’s Day



Today marks 14th February 2005, aka Valentine’s Day.

Millions of couples around the world celebrate this occasion by organizing a romantic day with their companion and do something very special.

This is mostly a west tradition; hence it is not practiced within the Arab – Islamic region.

However, I have noticed in the past few years that this “western tradition” became very popular in not just the Arab countries, but I personally noticed this in Bahrain.

You could actually see couples going on a shopping spree; trying to get flowers, hearts, chocolates, teddy bears…etc you name it.

I’m not saying its right nor wrong, its sweet in a way, it’s just not me adopting traditions from another place, specially the west.

Do we really need a day to express our gratitude to our loved ones? Can’t we just appreciate them every single day? I say we make valentine’s day an everyday basses.

Therefore, me and my wife decided to take the effort and make a day for ourselves, and call it “Our Day” hehe… we did not name it yet, but will be soon. I’m still not sure what will the plane be on this day, and what we might be doing. What I do know is it will be super awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home